KDP Select is a free Kindle book program that gives you the opportunity to reach more readers and earn more money at no additional cost. All authors and publishers, regardless of where they live, are eligible to enroll their Kindle books in KDP Select, according to Amazon.
According to Author Imprint, KDP Select is a free and optional program available to authors and publishers using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) to publish their Kindle eBook. It is available on a book-by-book basis and it does not apply to print books. Kindle eBooks enrolled in KDP Select for the mandatory 90-day term must be exclusive to the Amazon Kindle store and cannot be sold in any other store, nor can they be sold on an author’s website, or given away free by the author.
Should you enrol in KDP Select?
Should you enrol your book(s) in KDP select? If you fall under any of the three categories below, then it’s recommended for you to try it out:
- Authors who do not have a large existing readership.
- Authors who publish infrequently.
- Author of books classified as genre or popular fiction (crime, fantasy, mystery, romance, science fiction, thriller, western, inspirational, historical fiction and horror).
Benefits of KDP Select
- Reach more readers and earn more money at no cost
- Ability to enroll a single Kindle book, or your whole Kindle catalogue
- Make your Kindle book eligible for 70% royalty earnings on sales to customers in Brazil, Japan, India, and Mexico
- Inclusion in the Kindle Unlimited (KU) program with the possibility to earn a share of the KDP Select Global Fund
- Access to promotional tools: Kindle Countdown Deal and Free Book Promotion
The only downside to this great opportunity is that your book will be exclusive to the Kindle Store for a period of 90 days after the day of enrollment. What does this mean? It means you can not sell your book(s) digitally, on any other platform for 90 days after enrolling it in the KDP select program. However, you can unenroll your book anytime and sell. Besides, this condition does not affect the hardcopy version of your book.
Requirements to enroll in KDP Select
- Have exclusive rights for the primary content of the Kindle book (i.e., the content is not public domain)
- Make your Kindle book exclusive to the Kindle Store for the KDP Select enrollment period (90-days). You can continue to distribute your paperback (or any other format you may have).
How to enroll in KDP Select
Ready to benefit from this great opportunity? Let our agent take care of it. We will publish your book on the Kindle store and enroll you or simply enroll you if you already have your book on the store.
Click here to chat with our agent on WhatsApp, or call 08166110313. You can also take a look at our marketing packages here. Are you writer ready to start your authorship journey? See the answer to your prayers here.
Add a Comment